Veni, vidi, vici...

Monday, June 2, 2008

So today was a very productive day but I am so tired! We started the day out early, we had to be at the museum at 8:45. The kids had a tour of the Leonardo DaVinci Exhibit scheduled for 9:00. We traded kids, I took Alex and Amy took Matt and Kaitlin. I took Emily and Alex to the zoo for First Monday Mornings. It was so neat, the zoologist took us on a tour of the children's area. We got to pet an alligator. It was really much different than I thought it would be. It was so smooth and Dave reminded me later in the day how many people want snakeskin boots and purses and now I understand why! Although I never would!!!

We got through and went to Pearland for lunch with "truck" mama, than we went to the grocery store. I left exhausted and it was only 1:30! We got home and took a rest than we got some history in. We are so far behind! I am so disappointed in myself for getting so far behind but it is what it is and we are just going to do what we have to. We are in Chapter 21 and learned about Genghis Khan today. I always remember hearing it pronounced "Ging" like "King" but in the SOTW they said "Ging" like "jing". It was weird.

We got our map work done and than read the Paper Dragon. It was such a neat book! I really liked it! We did copy work for Chapter 20, thanks to Trivium Academy! It was Leo Tolstoy.
"The life of a moment,
and the life of a thousand years:
Your life and the life of all the visible
and invisible beings in the world, are equal."
I really like that quote. Matt liked it also because he seems to be really affected as we study history and people are not treated equally. He wants everyone to be treated the same! It was a nice quote to be able to talk about.
I tried dictation for the first time today, usually I just write the copy work down and they copy it but today we dictated! It didn't go very well, but I will keep at it and decided to do it at least 3 times a week.

No comments:

Blog Archive

List of things I want to change about myself...

  • my anxiety
  • my attitude
  • my fearfulness
  • my lack of will power
  • my self consciousness
  • my sometimes laziness

My current reads...

  • From Playpen to Podium
  • Sophia's Heart by Lori Wick
  • The Mother's Handbook

Kaitlin's current read

Kaitlin's current read
any Nancy Drew she can get her hands on!